Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Home Sweet Home

Where has the time gone? It is now December and I cannot believe it has been 2 months since I made my move from the Bay Area to Los Angeles. It has been difficult to balance everything going on in my personal and professional life, but it all takes time and practice. And most importantly, patience. But I am honestly enjoying every second of it! It helps to have the support of my friends, family, and Alex. 

On another note, here is the recap of my SHORT yet SWEET weekend back to the BAY!

The future papa and mama to be! I love these two and I wish them all the best with bringing my niece into the world. She will be loved by many. Baby girl we cannot wait for you!


This past Sunday, I flew back home to the Bay Area for my brother Kris's and his girlfriend, Sekela's baby shower. They are expecting a baby girl, Ai'ko Joy, due January 2017. (Oh and by the way, because I love to mention this to everyone, I am really happy that my niece will be getting my middle name Joy because I LOVE MY MIDDLE NAME lol. And it just flows.. Ai'ko Joy!)

I can honestly say it was so much fun being able to have Sunday off (Thank you to my assistant manager who made sure I was taken off the schedule) and fly home to be able to see my family and friends to help celebrate a new baby coming into the growing Obligacion family. The best part of any party my family has is obviously spending time with them because there are so many of us, but a new "tradition" I love seeing is the decorations that my cousin Michelle comes up with for the party. For this special occasion, she helped Kris and Sekela with a "Kate Spade" themed baby shower for my future. My brother Kris and Sekela have a lot of support from their friends and our family, so it was amazing to witness!


The table was perfection! Very simply and classy. And can we take a moment for the flowers my cousin Michelle made because they were sooooo adorable and paid attention to detail. She is so talented and needs to showcase her work at more parties in the future because it's just natural for her. 


I loved the cake. It definitely went along with the theme. The "cake lady" my family uses was found by my cousin Jonelle. She is bomb and has great pricing for cakes! She is the family's GO TO for cakes. 


Isn't Sekela just gorgeous? She is really ALL belly and man oh man I pray that I can be the same way once I decide to have babies (I know this will not be the case though, thanks Obligacion genes), BUT until then, I will just admire how amazing she looks and carries that belly! hehe These boxes were everything to me! I loved it. My cousins did an amazing job with helping plan and execute on this baby shower for my brother and Sekela. It sucked that I could not help with planning it because I live in LA, but they definitely did not even need me.


In addition to the baby shower, I was also able to visit my cousin Kaycee and meet the new addition to the family, Baby Sebastian Grayson. And oh man he is such a cutie! The family is definitely growing and I am loving it. It does suck that I am far away from my family, but I like to say "I am far, but not too far because I am just an hour flight away or 5 hour drive away." I am looking forward to what the future holds and I cannot wait to meet my niece. My baby brother is really going to be a father! So crazy, but I am so excited for him and Sekela. I cannot wait to spoil her even more!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished