Sunday, October 23, 2016

Pens! Planners! Patience! Oh my!

I love buying new planners when the new year is about to start! The problem I find when going to buy a new planner is which one do I want to buy? There are so many options when you go to Target or Michael's. For the remaining of the year, moving into the new year, I bought the Happy Planner from Michaels with a 50% coupon! It was definitely a great buy but even better because of the price in which I paid for it.

Folders from TJ Maxx, MacBook Pro, Staedtler Pens, Happy Planner Stickers and Planner

I just started using this Happy Planner and so far I am loving it. Aside from it being so girly and cute, it allows me to do so much creatively with it. I am still learning how I want to utilize the planner to its best ability. That might sound weird but the Happy Planner really allows its users to make it their own.

Happy Planner Stickers and Planner: Take a peek at my last week!

In addition to having a planner, I also use these print outs that I found online for free. I unfortunately do not remember the exact website, but you can easily go to google and type in "free calendar print outs" and click on images and go from there.  What I love about these weekly and monthly print outs, is the fact that it is free loose paper so I can place it where I wish. For example, the monthly calendar is on my refrigerator. I find it useful to write down the days I work since I do not work a typical 9-5 Monday-Friday job. It is also on the refrigerator, which is a place we both go to on a daily basis, as a reminder to Alex and me when important things are coming up that we should both know, such as when family or friends are coming to visit.


Weekly and Monthly Print Outs

Some of my tips on staying organized and on top of things:

1. Buy a planner or use your smartphone!
It doesn't have to be the Happy Planner or an expensive one. As long as it has a calendar, then you're golden. I also use my iPhone when plugging in important dates. It depends on you. I like to physically write things down and then check it off my list. It makes me feel like I've accomplished things for that day or week or month, etc. I also use post its! I write down my shopping list of things I need from the grocery store. You can even add this to your notes in your iPhone as well. 

2. Decide what works best for you on how you utilize your new planner. 
I personally use both the monthly and weekly sections of my planner. I love the monthly one because it gives me an overview of the month. I am able to plug in important dates and upcoming events that I need to remember. For the weekly part, I use that as my "To-Do's" section. On each day, I will write down what it is that I need to get done.

3. Use different colors!
It really helps me to organize things by color or with highlighters. You don't have to do this, but it has been helpful for me. I suggest creating your own "legend" with colors and what each color represents. 

4. Make it a habit! Set a reminder on your phone!
Try starting off your week by looking at your planner and seeing what you have coming up. It's a great way to remind you to get things done before its due date. I also set reminders on my phone for really important things. This can also be daily reminders such as taking out the trash every Wednesday night or stopping by the post office after work, etc. 

5. PATIENCE IS KEY.
It takes time to find what works best for you, but once you find it, you're good. It honestly changes over time for me, especially with technology. Make your life easier and not harder. Going all electronically can be easy, especially if you tend to misplace things. Most people can keep a hold of their phone, so if you need to put in your important dates or reminders on your phone, that totally works!

Remember to have fun and be creative. This doesn't have to be a daunting task or chore for yourself. Make it your own! OWN IT! There is no right or wrong way. 

My Costco shopping list on a post it.

December Calendar with the colorful legend at the top.


This can be useful if you're a student or working or a stay at home mom or dad. It's important to know what is going on in your life from a daily to weekly to monthly basis. It also helps to visualize and see things laid out on paper, especially for me. It is helpful to know that I have a vacation coming up  or even my payday so it keeps me motivated. 

Find your motivation and drive to keep going! 

Find what works best for you and have patience and trust the process in which things are moving in your life. Stay positive and know God is always up to something! 

Everything happens for a reason!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished