Thursday, August 25, 2016

What do you do [for a living?]

I find that when you meet new people, one of the first questions to come up is.. “What do you do?” And for me, “What are you?” “What are you mixed with?” “What’s your ethnicity?” But that is a whole other topic that I will possibly discuss at another time!

So “What do you do?” I get this question all the time, which doesn’t bother me at all because I am proud to say that I am a Registered Nurse. It is amazing the responses I get from new people that I meet when I tell them I am a Registered Nurse. It also varies from the age range of the people that I meet. But all in all, people respect nurses. It is one of the most trusted professions.

If you are thinking about becoming a RN, all I can say is GO FOR IT. I love what I do as a RN and honestly, yes the income that comes along with it does make for a great career and living; however, if I did not enjoy what I do as a RN, then it would not be worth it. I can honestly say to people who want to become a RN, do it because you enjoy caring for other people, you want to make a difference in the lives of the people you care for and their family and friends. If you do not enjoy doing that, then nursing will just be something you dread day to day. There is great flexibility in the field of nursing which is awesome for those who do not want to take care of patients at the bedside and for those who are easily bored… i.e. ME. I am one to say that I get bored very easily and I crave to have something that keeps me intrigued and engaged.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished